Today we decided to help our readers, also the owners of Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926, with how to un-root their mobile phones in case they want to un-void their warranty. Its short, easy and simple and a pretty effective method which will solve the problem within a few minutes.
This method was discovered and shared by the XDA Developers member Pzyduck Droid Razr HD users, so that they could save their devices by restoring them to stock. This is also useful for people who have made a mistake during their adventures of flashing and soft-bricked their phone. This procedure will also help restore the phone to stock factory firmware if the users for some reason feel the need to exchange, return or repair their device to Verizon.
Things that need to be taken care of:
Lease read the things mentioned below carefully and follow the instructions to the dot.
- Keep a backup of all the saved data in phone storage as everything will be deleted once the process has been executed.
- Read the entire article before starting to implement the process on the device.
- We, at Geek Chunk, own no responsibility if the device does not get un-rooted properly or some damage comes to it. Do it at your own risk.
The following softwares are required for the procedure to occur. Downloading links have been added for the readers convenience.
- Motorola Drivers download here
- RSD Lite 6.1.4 downloads here
- Stock firmware and fast boot download here
Step 1: Download RSD Lite and install it.
Step 2: Download Stock firmware and extract the folder on to the system.
Step 3: Open the xml file in note pad – (“VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml”)
Step 4: Edit the file xml file. Delete all the lines starting with “getvar”. In all there are two lines that need to be removed. Save the edits and close the note pad.
Step 5: Open RSD Lite and then browse the xml file that was just edited.
Step 6: Put the cell phone on AP Fast Boot Mode.
Switch off the phone and, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together. This will lead to the Boot Mode Selection Menu, scroll down and select AP Fast Boot.
Step 7: Connect the phone to the system via USB.
Step 8: The Droid Razr HD should be recognized as XT926. Start the device and wait for the flashing process to finish. It will take about 20 minutes.
Step 9: Once the process ends, phone will reboot and revert to stock firmware.
These are pretty simple steps that need to be followed accordingly to get the desired results. Just follow the steps at mentioned and there will be no need to worry for anything to go wrong.
For more related and exciting news and tips stay tuned to Geek Chunk as we will surely be bringing all the new exciting tips for our readers.
- How to Downgrade Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices
- How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- How to Install iOS 5 on your Device without Developers Account? [Links+Steps]
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Using RedSn0w
- Download & Install XWLPM Android 4.0.4 Update Galaxy S2
- How to Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Motorola Launches RAZR HD And RAZR HD Maxx S