In a follow up of an earlier meeting on the up-gradation of telecom sector of the country, President Asif Ali Zardari chaired a meeting here at the Aiwan-e-Sadr on Friday to review the progress made so far and to discuss the issue of grey trafficking.
The meeting was attended among others by Minister for Finance Dr. Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Minister for Interior Rehman Malik, Minister for Water and Power Syed Naveed Qamar, Secretary General to the President M. Salman Faruqui, Federal Secretaries of Finance and IT (Information Technology) divisions, Chairman Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) Dr. Abdul Jabbar, Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) Muhammad Yasin, Acting Chairman National Telecom (NTC) Wasay Khan and other senior officials.
The meeting was briefed about the progress made by the committee which was constituted to submit recommendations after going through the proposals submitted by IT Ministry regarding 3G (third generation) technology and various measures to control grey trafficking.
The President directed that another meeting be held after the IT Ministry had finalized its proposals in consultation with other relevant ministries and departments.Via Business Recorder
- President Zardari Chairs Meeting To Discuss 3G Network In Pakistan
- National Asembly Body on IT Recommended Legal Action Against Facebook
- Khosa to Expose Scams of Billions at Right Time
- Cabinet Committee Discusses 3G Spectrum Auction With Etisalat!
- PM Emphasized on Early Establishment of IT Institutes in Under-Developed Areas
- 3G Licence Auction in Doldrums
- Meeting to Examine PTCL Share Purchase Agreement With Etisalat