Talking to journalists in Karachi, Rehman Malik said that all ISPs of the country must cooperate with the government in their efforts to curb terrorism in the country. He said that any ISP failing to comply with government’s policies will be banned and will face suitable penalty.
He also said that the terrorists have been using internet services like Google and Youtube to communicate and these sites must help the government or otherwise face a complete ban in Pakistan. It should be notes here that Mr. Rehman Malik is known in media for making absurd statements. He also said that he had ordered for Pakistan’s Google administrator to be arrested.
For those who don’t know, Mr. Badar Khushnood is Google Pakistan Country Consultant. We tried to contact him for comment but could not get his response until posting of this news.
- Pakistan To Establish Mobile Phone Manufacturing Units
- Rehman Malik Seeks Cooperation of ISPs For Eliminating Terrorism
- Govt Asks PTA to Unblock Youtube and Facebook
- Deputy Chairman NADRA Tariq Malik Honored With The People Award
- Rehman Malik Orders For Unbranded Phone of Same IMEI Mobile Phones
- PAK-UAE Dialogues For The Recovery Of $800 Million From Etisalat End Up With No Results
- PTA Ordered Cell Phone Companies To Block Unverified Sims By 17th May