A mobile power bank is a multi-operational substitute battery which can be charged by an AC wall adapter or the USB port of your personal computer. More often than not, the capacity of a mobile power bank is 5000 mAh. It can be used as an alternative source of power backup for various mobile gadgets. Standard accessories that are available with these include USB cable, connectors, adapters and vehicle adapters.
Specifications of a Mobile Power Bank
Given below are the specifications that you should always look for in a mobile power bank:
- Capacity of the battery – 5000mAh/3.7 volt (18.5 Watt-hour)
- Type of battery: Polymer Lithium-ion battery
- Maximum output current: 1000mA
- Output voltage: Five volt
- Mode of charge: AC wall adapter or Personal Computer USB port
- Input AC power: 50-60Hz/100~240V
- Charge time:
- With wall adapters (1A/5V): approximately 4.5 hours
- With USB port of personal computer: approximately 8 hours
- Protections are available for: Over-electricity, short circuit, overcharge, and over-discharge
- Voltage rise effectiveness: 85% ± 5%
- LED Indicator for demonstrating the capacity
- Cycle life is greater than or equal to 600 times
These mobile power banks are available in different dimensions. However, the usual dimension for these equipments is as follows:
- 99 mm (length)
- 72 mm (width)
- 18 mm (height)
These devices are available in various shades like milky white, black, yellow, silver and other colors and the weight ranges from 135-150 gm.
Devices that Mobile Power Banks Support
The following devices support the equipment:
- Cellular phones (Samsung, Nokia, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, and LG)
- HTC /Blackberry
- Apple iPod nano/ iPod Touch/ iPod Classic/iPhone 3G/iPhone 2G/iPhone 4G/ iPhone 3GS/iPad/iPad 2
- Sony PSP, MP3/MP4 players, NDSi/NDSL, GPS Bluetooth headset, Personal Data Assistants (PDA), and other gadgets
A VRLA battery is also known as valve-regulated lead acid battery or sealed battery. These batteries are a form of rechargeable lead acid battery. The most advantageous feature of VRLA batteries is that you don’t need to put water to the cells constantly and these batteries emit a lower amount of gas in comparison to submerged lead-acid batteries. The lower emission is a significant benefit as they can be kept in small or inadequately aired areas.
Applications of VRLA Batteries
- These batteries are widely used in motorized wheelchairs. The significantly small acid and gas emission percentage turn them into a securer option for interior applications.
- VRLA batteries are the usual source of electricity in gliders as well. This is because of the reason that these batteries have the capacity to endure a range of flight elevations along with a comparatively big close temperature range without any undesirable outcomes. Both Absorbed Glass Mat batteries and gel cells are typically installed in motorized aerobatic airplanes due to similar reasons.
- These batteries are used in uninterruptible power supply or UPS in the form of an alternative source of power if there is a power outage.
Benefits of using VRLA Batteries
These batteries are available from a number of VRLA battery manufacturer companies and these cells offer the following advantages to the users:
- They can be put on any elevation
- There is no emission of gas or acid
- There is no need for high ventilation
- You don’t have to check the level of electrolytes time and again. As a result, there is lower upkeep and check.
- Samsung Galaxy S II USB Power Adapter Exact Replica of iPhone
- Siri Can Only Be Ported To iPhone 4 By Doing Piracy
- Why Siri Port For Older iOS Devices Cannot Be Released Publicly
- iPhone 4 And iPod Touch 4G Can Run Siri Completely [Video]
- Battery Issues In iPhone 4S Are Not Due To Any Hardware Fault
- Apple Releases Press Release To Confirm Battery Issues With iOS 5
- 3 Reasons You Need to Get an In Wall Speakers System