A delegation of telecommunication and IT industry called on Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani at the Prime Minister House Friday afternoon and apprised him of the problems being faced by them. Secretary Information Technology informed the Prime Minister that a committee has already been formed to look into their problems.
The Prime Minister assured the delegation that their concerns would be addressed and necessary measures would be taken after the receipt of committee report. The delegation thanked the Prime Minister for his interest in resolving their problems.
The delegation members included Chairman Wise Group of Companies Tariq Sharif Bhatti, CE Wise Group of Companies Shamsul Haq Khokhar, Chief Operating Officer Wateen Telecom Junaid Shaikh, CEO Wi‑tribe Pakistan Ltd, CEO 4B Gentle International Ltd Nadeem Qureshi, Chairman Redtone Telecommunication Pakistan Ltd, CEO DVCOM Ltd Muhammad Farooq and CEO Dancom Pakistan Ltd.
After the meeting Charima PTA Dr. Yaseen presented the amounting cheque of 20 Crore and 10 Lakh to PM at Prime Minister House for relief of victims of terrorism.
Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources and Privatization Syed Naveed Qamar and other senior officials were also present in the meeting.
- Prime Minister Constitutes Committee to Resolve PTCL Outstanding Issues
- PTA Chairman Presented Cheque of Rs 6.5Lakh in PM Flood Relief Fund
- Gilani said IT Sector Should Be Given Great Importance
- President Chairs Review Meeting on Upgradation of Telecom Sector
- President Zardari Chairs Meeting To Discuss 3G Network In Pakistan
- PAC orders FBR to Lodge FIR Against 4 Telecom Companies in 48 Hours
- Latif Khosa Appointed PMs IT Advisor