A leading market research firm, NDP Group has published the latest reports which show that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS were the top selling devices in the third quarter this year in US. It is very surprising to see that iPhone 4S was not included in that list, but still Apple got the first two spots. On the other hand, other three devices are Android based.
So, here is the list of top five best selling smartphones which has been formulated directly from NDP’s new Smartphone Track service:
1) Apple iPhone 4
2) Apple iPhone 3GS
3) HTC EVO 4G
4) Motorola Droid 3
5) Samsung Intensity II
As you can see that Apple is the undisputed leader of the smartphone industry but it is also worth noting that Android is a tough competitor. In the same quarter it has also been reported that Android based devices has been outsold by the Apple’s iOS based devices. 52% of the devices sold in the third quarter were Android based while Apple’s iOS running devices had a comparably less share of 29%.
Well, Apple’s third quarters positions are same as they were in the previous quarters the same two handsets have been leading the markets all three quarters now. iPhone 3GS which was released back in 2009 is still popular in US and it is very surprising thing in now days fast pace market. On the other hand, iPhone 4S was released in the mid of October this year which was a much delayed release from Apple and we hope to see its sale results of the current quarter, next year obviously.
- Over 10% Of US Mobile Subscribers Use Apple's iPhone
- A Cheap iPhone to Hit the Market by End of Summer!
- Steve Jobs CEO Apple Responded To iPhone Tracking Rumor
- iOS And Android Are Still At The Top
- Google Android Continues Growth Spurt in iPhone
- iPhone 4 Still The Top Selling Smartphone In US
- 15 million units of Apple's new iPhone 5 ordered : Release September 2011