iPhone 5 is very attractive gadget, which is 18% thinner if we compare it with the previous iPhone 4S. With this new iPhone Apple has replaced the old technology, for instance, it has replaced the old connector which was use to have 30 pins with the new one, which can be plugged in any side up or down. It’s not just the connector but some other components are also not the same. You will notice this when you will try to fix your standards SIM or Micro SIM card in your iPhone 5. iPhone 5 will accept a Nano SIM card only.
There are two options available for you if you get a Nano SIM card for your new iPhone. The first option is simple; you can go to your wireless service provider and request them to replace your present SIM with a Nano version. If it is not possible, for your local customer care refuses to provide the Nano SIM, here are few simple steps, which will help you to convert your SIM card to Nano SIM.
For this purpose, you need just the few things like printer, tape, A4 size page, ruler, marker, scissors and sandpaper.
Now follow the following process step by step:
- You have to print the page, which actually shows the slicing process, links are available on the internet.
- Now, you can place your SIM card on the marked place. There are different places for the mini SIM and Micro SIM.
- You have to paste your SIM on that specific place. You can use tape for this purpose. Don’t forget to align the edges accurately.
- Mark the margins accurately; use markers to draw the accurate margins.
- Now you can cut it, carefully. Do it accurately, otherwise your card can get damaged.
- As a last step, you have to smooth the edges. You can use sandpaper for this purpose. This step is also very critical, as you can damage your SIM if you file more than required.
Now, you have a SIM card, which is small and it will fit and work in iPhone 5.
This is not a 100 % fool proof method; there are chances that your card will get damaged, if you are not really careful. If you have a backup SIM card, you can try this method; otherwise you should prefer to get a new Nano SIM from your customer care. If your SIM get damaged, your phone will be useless. Nano SIM is the smallest SIM, which is required for the iPhone 5.
- iPhone Customers to Understand The Features and Unlocking System
- Apple Announced USB Adapters For iPhones
- How Can You Create a Google+ Page? We Did!
- Unroot Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926
- How to Send / Receive Invites For Google Plus!!
- How To Unlock iPhone 5S – Tutorial
- Sprint Gives Further Explanation About The iPhone 4S Unlocked Version