How to downgrade or rollback from iOS 6 GM to iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch… Well, after we showed you how to install iOS 6 GM on your iDevice without UDID without developer account many users asking us how to go from or downgrade iOS 6 GM to iOS 5.1.1 to enjoy the untethered jailbreak again.
As we reported you that iPhone Dev-team was able to update Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 6 GM, but it still a developers and tethered jailbreak. Developers-jailbreak means that you have to SSH your device to install Cydia, so that developers will be able to update their tweaks. Tethered jailbreak means that you have to connect your iDevices with PC every time your reboot it.
How to downgrade iOS 6 GM to 5.1.1:
- Download iOS 5.1.1 for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Step 1: Connect your iPhone, iPad or iTouch with your PC via USB and launch iTunes
Step 2: Select your iDevice from the left sidebar on iTunes, then hold down (Shift for Window) or (alt on Mac) and click on the ‘restore’ button, then point it to iOS 5.1.1 ipsw file. Just wait for about 10 to 15 minutes then you will be succeeded on downgrading iOS 6 GM to iOS 5.1.1.
Downgrade iOS 6 GM to iOS 5.1.1 [Video]:4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Using RedSn0w
- Semi-Tethered Jailbreak For iOS 5 Released By BigBoss
- How to Install Cydia on iOS 6 Beta After Jailbreaking
- How to Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta 2 On iPhone And iPod Touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev2
- Jailbreak iOS 6 GM 6.0 Gold Master Download Complete Reference Guide
- How to Jailbreak iOS 6 GM with RedSn0w
- Download 'AppSync' for iOS 5 Using Cydia Now!