Over the passage of time, the degree of competition among business firms have increased manifold. Companies are constantly trying to get one up on their rivals, by offering superior quality products/services, and taking up more effective promotional campaigns. The concept of digital signage has come to the fore in recent years, with organizations looking to make use of the electronic medium to reach out to a larger number of prospective customers.
Digital signage software applications find extensive usage in different industrial sectors. Some of the fields where advertising via digital signage is particularly popular are:
- Retail Sector – Digital signage tools can be effectively used to create such advertisements that can easily capture the attention of viewers. For this to happen, a judicious mix of video elements and sounds has to be present in the ads. Touch-screen media points, in-store electronic advertisements, and promotional displays at kiosks serve as common examples of retail signage tools. Larger retail signage advertisements are typically placed at airports, large train stations and subway terminals, which automatically ensure greater visibility.
- Financial Sector – Banking services, loan offers and schemes can be publicized in the best possible manner through digital signage software. Special electronic screens and/or networks are used to promote all the latest financial services and policies.
- Healthcare sector – It is quite common to come across a large digital hoarding for leading hospitals and nursing homes, particularly in posh areas. Within hospitals too, digital signage systems are used to keep the staff aware of emergency announcements and hygiene programs. These tools are also instrumental in setting up close-circuit cameras, to keep a constant tab on patients’ conditions.
- Academic Sector – In a school/college/university, it is important that there is a seamless flow of information from the faculties to the students. The electronic medium is often used to let everyone know about announcements regarding class schedules, curriculum, examination dates, and other such pertinent information. Of course, if a new school is coming up in the city, its authorities would also find digital signage advertising extremely effective.
- Hospitality Sector – The service industry relies heavily on digital signage tools to promote their offerings. These advanced electronic equipments can be used to book reservations at hotels, get directions to specific places, and learn about the latest services that are available at your favorite resort and other promotional campaigns. Digital signage systems are also commonly used in bars, casinos and night clubs.
- Shopping Sector – Many specialty stores and convenience outlets have sophisticated digital signage tools to promote the shop in general, and specific product brands, in particular. These systems are also used to display the billed amounts to buyers.
- Entertainment Sector – Digital signage is also commonly seen in sports stadiums, parks, event venues, theater and movie complexes, and other such areas. Right from movie showtimes, to the score of a particular match – everything can be displayed to the entire audience, with the help of digital signage systems.
- Other Areas – Apart from the specialized sectors mentioned above, digital signage is also found to be extremely useful in places like museums, zoos, auditoriums. The systems are instrumental in passing on relevant information to the visitors.
With the evolution of technology, digital signage systems are also becoming more and more developed. Have a robust marketing and promotional plan in place, and ensure maximum exposure through theses electronic display systems. It will definitely have a positive effect on your sales figures!
Authors Bio : Dips Dixon is a renowned author. He is an eminent blogger who loves to right about software and technology. He keeps on updating about diverse technological implements. In this article he has mainly focused on the various uses of digital signage software in different fields of business.
- Why Should You Use Corporate Screensavers?
- World Telecom & Information Society Day 2011 Has Celebrated In Pakistan
- iOS' iMessage To Be Integrated With Mac's iChat
- PCA Announces Special Training for IT Professionals of the Country
- Google Will Soon Come Up With Mobile Payment Technology (MPT)
- My Server App By Microsoft – Compatible With Windows 8 And Windows RT
- Advisor to PM for IT, Latif Khosa Appreciates Telenor’s Contribution
Category: Telecom News